So it seems as though my crowning achievement is the alphabet wall and the straight frames. I have no secret other than I used one of these. It really was a breeze. I think I was dreading this project more than the task of making the bedding but it ended up only taking around 1-2 hours to map out and complete. Once it was done it completely changed the feel of the room for me.
I got the flashcards from Ink Tree Press on etsy. When they arrived in the mail I'm pretty sure I did a happy dance. I had bought a few different sets from other places only to be disappointed in style and quality but the Woodland Alphabet ended up fitting the theme of the room perfectly and are superior in quality.
Frames- They are from the dollar store. I knew I needed something cheap if I was going to need 27 frames ( I added the "&" symbol so I could have three rows of nine) so I went to the dollar store and bought out their 8X10 frames and spray painted them the cream I used on the crib and dresser. I then bought a booklet of watercolor paper to use as matting. I cut out a template and used it to cut matting for each frame. I did this because I knew I couldn't afford custom matting for each frame.
Crib and Dresser are both from the mission.
The fabric was purchased in Houston at High Fashion Fabrics. I can't locate it on the website but the receipt states that it is ORSA "Moonstone."
The curtains are the Lenda from Ikea. I cut off the tab tops and topped it with some extra fabric I had leftover from the bedding.
Paint color is a custom mix from Sherwin Williams that they named "Baby Blue Blue."
The Glider is a Dutailier that I scored on Craigslist for a heck of a deal. Some sweet friends picked it up for me so I wouldn't miss out on it and brought it close to my home. It's such a comfortable chair. My MIL will be thankful when she's here rocking that baby for hours on end.
The Rug is an Avery rug from Pottery Barn. I found this at the Pottery Barn outlet in San Marcos a while back and got it for a crazy good price.
All the little details that aren't listed are most likely from yard sales and thrift stores. I can promise you that this room was done on a very tight budget. It doesn't always take much money to pull things together...just time and work.
One tip I can share with you that I learned in the process of planning a boy nursery is that home interior fabric seems to be the way to go. Home interior fabric is gender neutral because it tends to be in the common area of a home so you will have options that you might be limited to in cotton fabrics. Other than that I just pulled things together as I found them...one piece at a time...one yard sale at a time.